STEM Ambassador Profile Videos
In these STEMNET videos, STEM Ambassadors describe why they took on the role and the benefits both for the students they visit and for themselves. The first video, Auditioning the STEM Ambassadors, was made by students who tested 16 STEM Ambassador finalists of a competition to choose a number who would feature in a series of Teacher's TV films.
The other six films feature some of these finalists:
* Charlotte Bailey: Trainee Plant Analyst
* Chris Styles: Applications Engineer
* Faye Cashman: Spacecraft Engineer
* Graham Gannon: Entrepreneur
* Leo Garcia: PhD Student at the Institute of Cancer Research
* Sheila Kanani: Planetary Scientist
Each video lasts around 14 minutes.
STEM Ambassadors are volunteers of all ages working in a range of STEM-related roles from apprentice engineers to geologists and nuclear physicists to zoologists. Not only do they have a lot of fun, but they get an opportunity to contribute to their local community and boost their skills and confidence.
|Subject(s)||Science, Design and technology, Engineering, Mathematics, Cross curricular, Careers|
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of STEMNET
- STEM Ambassador Profile Videos