Teaching for home learning: primary science NE006
Develop the way you support pupils learning at home during the COVID-19 pandemic with a range of online and offline activities
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- setting expectations for time management and learning routines.
- the roles of teachers and parents in remote learning.
- planning science learning activities for primary pupils at home.
- engaging and motivating primary pupils in learning.
- activities to support scientific enquiry.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- design a blended approach to teaching primary science, with offline and online activities to support pupils learning from home.
- plan to work with parents to support pupils learning at home.
- evaluate a range of teaching strategies and tools, appropriate to your teaching context and teaching remotely.
- identify primary science activities that can be undertaken at home.
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.