Feedback for learning NE714 / A23
Participants can start this course at any time after the advertised date.
Marking has been identified as an area of excessive workload for teachers, but feedback is crucial for students to improve their understanding.On this course, you’ll explore evidence-based approaches for using written and oral feedback to support student learning without increasing your workload. You’ll learn how to develop a classroom culture that encourages formative dialogue and prepares students to receive, act upon, and learn from teacher feedback.
“The course has given me a much broader, deeper and more informed understanding of methods and goals of feedback.” Participant, UK
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
This course covers:
- Observe teachers using strategies to develop a ‘mistake friendly’ classroom
- Strategies for written feedback which cause students to think.
- Which types of oral feedback most help students in their learning.
- Helping students to be receptive to feedback and respond in a way that maximises learning.
- Making the transition from teacher-supplied feedback to self-monitoring.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
- apply approaches that use students’ errors to maximise learning as part of classroom culture.
- identify different types of feedback interaction within your teaching.
- develop a range of strategies to involve students in oral and written feedback.
- develop a formative classroom culture that prepares students to be responsive to feedback.
|1 Feedback for learning: formative assessment
|01 September 2023
|State-funded school or college
|Activity fee£50.00 +VAT
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)
|Activity fee£65.00 +VAT
* Your school or college will receive the subsidy on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Check your school subsidy status
The subsidy value may be higher for your school or college.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available