Managing the practical classroom: secondary science NE208 / A23
Online, self-paced course. Participants can join and start this course at any time after the advertised date.
From managing behaviour and fostering positive attitudes, to implementing departmental processes and working with colleagues, you'll explore all aspects of practical activities in the school or college laboratory. You'll consider classroom layouts as well as the use of practical work to maximise learning. You'll also discover how to create the right climate for collaborative learning and how to simplify more complex practical work using micro-scale setups or integrated instructions.
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- room layouts and working in school and college laboratory settings
- creating a climate for learning in practical science
- maximising learning through practical work
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
Who is the course leader?
This is a self-paced Online Course
The course leader will be introduced in the course.
- reflect upon your current laboratory management and identify areas for development
- develop a practical learning environment that facilitates independent learning and resilience
- develop your toolkit of strategies and techniques to manage students safely in the laboratory
- design practical lessons to maximise student learning through practical science
|Managing the practical classroom: secondary science
|01 September 2023