Teaching GCSE mathematics post-16 in a year MY504
Learn how to inspire young people who are required to resit their mathematics GCSE. Explore the requirements of the new curriculum as well as discovering different ways of teaching resit students
Do you want to offer something different for students required to take GCSE mathematics post-16? This two day residential course, run in conjunction with MEI, is designed for mathematics teachers, in schools or colleges, faced with the challenge of inspiring young people who are yet to achieve the required grade.
Explore the requirements of the new curriculum such as problem solving, justification, reasoning and proof. Different ways of teaching and learning which is more suited to GCSE resit students are examined, look at adapting and contextualising existing resources, as well as how to restructure your scheme of work.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- develop expertise in the teaching and learning of GCSE resit post-16
- gain confidence and skills in delivering GCSE resit post-16
- explore a variety of freely available teaching resources
- create and share resources
- examine how to restructure your scheme of work
This is a course run in conjunction with MEI.