Computing conference with CAS Regional Centre for Yorkshire and Humber CY007
This year's CAS regional conference has something for every teacher of computing, with dedicated streams for primary and secondary teachers. For the first time we will focus, too, on inclusion in association with CAS #Include.
We hope to bring you these and much more besides, presented by knowledgeable Master Teachers and other experts:
- going further with Scratch
- planning an effective program of study
- effective assessment
- BBC micro:bit
- Barefoot computing workshops
- cyber-security for a-level
- databases and SQL
- designing a computing curriculum for all
- Tenderfoot subject knowledge enhancement to put you ahead of your students.
- encouraging girls into computing
- SEND and EAL
- much more to come!
See what last year's participants had to say:
"Amazing course! Truly inspirational lectured with some very clever people! The whole of the course including venue was extremely professional! I came away with more than anticipated!"
"The day was well-organised and full of good ideas. I learnt lots and can now use these for my own classroom practice and can cascade to others back in school."
"It was great to get real life teaching ideas. I went straight back and used one of the resources given in my Code Club and a student stated, without being questioned, that this was such a good way to understand computing."
"I have been overwhelmed and enthused to learn more about STEM subjects!"
"The course was a thoroughly enjoyable day and this was the consensus shared with other participants as we reflected on the day."
This is a 1 day course and fees include meals and refreshments for the duration of the day. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
You may also be interested in attending:
Primary Science Conference
- Take away lots of ideas and resources that can be put to immediate use in the classroom
- Learn about and share practice across areas of teaching and learning, assessment, professional development and more