Mathematics for physics teachers up to A Level NY294 / A19
There is an increased mathematical demand in in both the GCSE and A level physics specifications. This course is ideal for teachers of physics who wish to improve their understanding of the mathematics required to be successful in physics at GCSE and A level.
The course explores teaching strategies for a wide range of mathematical topics including:
- proportional reasoning: dealing with proportionality in a physics context
- algebra: solving equations, rearranging equations
- graphs: drawing, reading information, finding gradients and interpreting
- calculus: differentiation and integration what do the results tell us?
- logarithms and exponential: what are they and how do we teach them?
- mechanics practical: enhancing understanding, derivation of SUVAR+T equations, exploring moments
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Pre or post night stays can be booked for an additional charge and are subject to availability. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org
You will be able to:
- improve your knowledge of the mathematical topics required for GCSE and A level physics
- have a deeper understanding of the reasons why students have difficulty applying their mathematical skills in a physics context
- identify pedagogies to help address these issues
- explore mathematics resources suitable for teaching GCSE and A level physics
|Mathematics for physics teachers up to A Level - day 1||18 November 2019 09:30-18:30|
|Mathematics for physics teachers up to A Level- day 2||19 November 2019 09:00-16:00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£540.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£640.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
If you require accommodation the night before the course starts, please email email@example.com once your booking is complete.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
Can we help?
If you have any questions about our bursaries or this booking call us on 01904 326394
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available