Constructing and Solving Linear Equations
School packs on constructing and solving linear equations for Years Seven, Eight and Nine were developed by the National Strategies. They contained booklets which were part of continuining professional development courses.
The notes booklet contains sessions which:
- illustrate progression in teaching constructing and solving linear equations;
- guide teachers in collaborative planning of sequences of lessons addressing these and other supporting objectives;
- draw out the distinctive features of algebra in key stage 3
The two key teaching principles run through all three year booklets:
– providing opportunities for students to express generality;
– asking students to ‘find as many ways as you can’ when forming and transforming algebraic expressions and equations.
As well as notes and overhead projector transparencies, these booklets contain, teaching ideas, lesson plans and resources.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
You might also like
|Published||2000 - 2009|
Share this resource
This resource is part of National Strategies: Secondary Mathematics