Exploring Physics: Uncovering Choice
From the Institute of Physics, this pack of activities aims to encourage teachers to work together in providing a consistent approach to careers advice and guidance. It will also help teachers to build on their own knowledge of physics-based careers and, in turn, help students to make informed choices based on accurate information.
The activities can be run as a workshop that brings together personal tutors, year heads, subject teachers, career coordinators and Connexions personal advisers. The workshop takes around 90 minutes and is most effective with at least five members of staff from at least two departments.
The activity pack includes:
* clear instructions on how to lead the workshop along with presentation slides.
* a number of activities that enable attendees to explore and share knowledge of physics-based careers. These activities can also be used with students.
* the tools to start developing a whole-school action plan.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
You might also like
|Subject(s)||Physics, Careers, Science|
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of Institute of Physics: Careers Clips
- Institute of Physics: Careers Clips
- Exploring Physics: Uncovering Choice