LSS Skill Area 4 Training: Data Representation
Produced by the Science Enhancement Programme (SEP), these materials are aimed at facilitators who are preparing to lead Learning Skills for Science (LSS) training courses with colleagues. This resource looks at the training connected to skills in data representation. The trainers' manual and supporting presentations are included.
Following the training, teachers will:
• Be familiar with the LSS resources on ‘Data Representation’.
• Have a range of strategies to plan, differentiate, teach and assess the skills required for interpreting data in the Secondary classroom.
• Be able to explain and classify different forms of data representation and facilitate students’ evaluations of their use.
• Recognise the difficulties that students have with making use of tables and have strategies to help students overcome these.
• Recognise the difficulties that students have with reading graphs and have strategies to help students overcome these.
• Have strategies to extend students interpretations of visual data representation.