Learning Skills for Science: Trainers' Materials
Produced by the Science Enhancement Programme (SEP), these materials are intended to complement the Learning Skills for Science (LSS) programme of student activities that are also available on the eLibrary.
The LSS programme comprises of activities divided into six skill areas. Each skill area is independent and can be studied separately or as part of a coherent programme.
These materials are aimed at facilitators who are preparing to lead LSS training courses with colleagues.
Extended training may cover all of the skill areas or specific areas may be covered independently. The resources include the trainers' manual as well as supporting presentations and documents.
The trainers' manual contains:
• Preparing to conduct training workshops
• The contents of LSS
• Models of training used for LSS
• Suggestions for tasks between sessions
Trainer guidance for each of the skill areas
• Skill Area 1: information retrieval
• Skill Area 2: listening and observing
• Skill Area 3: scientific reading
• Skill Area 4: data representation
• Skill Area 5: scientific writing
• Skill Area 6: knowledge presentation
Models of training used during the pilot of LSS, including timetables for professional development workshops.
Further information about the LSS programme is available on the webpage.
|Subject(s)||Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics|
|Published||2000 - 2009|
Share this resource
This resource is part of SEP: Learning Skills for Science 14-16
- SEP: Learning Skills for Science 14-16
- Learning Skills for Science: Trainers' Materials