The Royal Academy of Engineering
The Royal Academy of Engineering oversees a number of projects to enhance and enrich the teaching of engineering. This collection contains case studies and details of activities which can be used to encourage pupils to take part in engineering study.
The collection includes:
- Engineering at the movies: Resources exploring the science, technology, engineering and maths involved in the film industry.
- Deployable structures: Covering the broad topic of deployable structures, the resources link ideas from mathematics to applications in real world engineering.
- This is Engineering: A collection of videos showcasing the range of work that Engineers are involved in.
- Mathematics for Engineering Exemplars: These exemplars give activities which contextualise mathematics in engineering projects for Post-16 students. The activities support the Additional and Specialist Learning (ASL) unit of the Advanced Diploma in Engineering.
- London Engineering Project Case Studies: These case studies describe 14 projects set up with the aim of engaging and inspiring young people in STEM subjects, with an emphasis on engineering. The projects included activity days for students led by STEM Ambassadors, careers advice for teachers, reports on best practice and events designed to encourage under-represented groups, especially girls.
These primary and secondary resources explore the science, technology, engineering and maths involved in the film industry.
These resources link ideas from mathematics to applications in real world engineering. The resources cover the broad topic of deployable structures which are structures that open up (deploy) into something of use. An obvious example would be an umbrella. There are also case studies of two engineers involved with...
This collection of videos from the Royal Academy of Engineering showcase the exciting range of work that Engineers are involved in!
"From the shoes you wear and the phone in your hand, through to the music you listen to and the games you play, engineering is at the heart of everything. It brings ideas to...
This collection contains a selection of activities, suitable for STEM projects. Themes include a mission to Mars, drones, engineering at the movies and deployable structures.
|Subject(s)||STEM Clubs, Engineering, Mathematics|
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Royal Academy of Engineering