Birth of the Solar System
Produced by Twig, this animated video is a clear and accessible explanation of how the Solar System fromed. The video describes how:
* the solar system grew from a ball of gas which formed the Sun
* gravity caused heavy material to cluster together and eventually form planets
* the inner planets, including the Earth, formed with a rocky surface and molten metal core
* the formation of the gas giants, including Jupiter and Saturn.
The narration is easy to understand and the video could be used with students of upper primary school age and above.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
|Subject(s)||Science, Physics, Earth science|
|Age||7-11, 11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of ESERO-UK
- Birth of the Solar System