Essex Secondary Science Festival RE227 / D04
This inaugural event welcomes all teachers and technicians throughout Southend, Essex & Thurrock to experience a full day of:
• Hands-on science, exploring all required practicals in all three sciences;
• Maximising achievement in linear exams - by Kate Mouncey of Sandringham Research School;
• A range of drop-in sessions looking at cutting edge research currently being undertaken in science;
• Input from the examining boards (AQA, EdExcel and OCR) with plenty of opportunities to ask questions about current challenges and issues;
• Tour of ARU STEM facilities, exhibitors and STEM Ambassadors;
• Lunch and networking time with colleagues.
Free Technician places
Every school booking on their teaching staff may bring their technicians for no additional cost - there will be opportunities for them to enrich their levels of expertise in order to support triple science effectively in the classroom.
"Very knowledgeable and helpful - inspiring!"
"Glad I came, lots to think about and do. Feel enriched with wonderful ideas"
(Comments from our January 2018 science conference in Southend)
You will be able to:
- discuss current good practice in secondary science
- network with colleagues from across your area
- reflect on ways to translate ideas to your school context and plan for action
|Secondary science conference||22 June 2018 09:00-15:30|
There is a 50% discount for schools sending more than 1 teacher - use the booking code SLPN0419TWF3 to activate this discount
Technicians can attend this event for free. When booking technician places, use booking code SLPN0419HND3