Essex Secondary Science Festival RE227 / D04
This inaugural event welcomes all teachers and technicians throughout Southend, Essex & Thurrock to experience a full day of:
• Hands-on science, exploring all required practicals in all three sciences;
• Maximising achievement in linear exams - by Kate Mouncey of Sandringham Research School;
• A range of drop-in sessions looking at cutting edge research currently being undertaken in science;
• Input from the examining boards (AQA, EdExcel and OCR) with plenty of opportunities to ask questions about current challenges and issues;
• Tour of ARU STEM facilities, exhibitors and STEM Ambassadors;
• Lunch and networking time with colleagues.
Free Technician places
Every school booking on their teaching staff may bring their technicians for no additional cost - there will be opportunities for them to enrich their levels of expertise in order to support triple science effectively in the classroom. (See below for further information on how to book this)
"Very knowledgeable and helpful - inspiring!"
"Glad I came, lots to think about and do. Feel enriched with wonderful ideas"
(Comments from our January 2018 science conference in Southend)
You will be able to:
- discuss current good practice in secondary science
- network with colleagues from across your area
- reflect on ways to translate ideas to your school context and plan for action
|Secondary science conference||22 June 2018||09:00-15:30|
There is a 50% discount for schools sending more than 1 teacher - use the booking code SLPN0419TWF3 to activate this discount
Technicians can attend this event for free. When booking technician places, use booking code SLPN0419HND3
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£160.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£220.00 +VAT|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available