Polar explorer activity pack
This pack contains all the teaching notes and resources that schools needed to take part in the Polar Explorer Programme run by the National STEM Learning Network in 2019. Although the programme has now finished the resources and activities that were created can still enthuse and engage pupils about STEM subjects.
There are a range of experiments and investigations covering the following themes:
- engineering - the building, loading and launching of a ship linked to the RRS Sir David Attenborough
- exploration - life as a polar explorer
- arctic animals - living and surviving in a cold environment
- climate change - observing the signs and predicting the future
- oceans - investigating the oceans
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.