These diagnostic questions and response activities (contained in the zip file) support students in being able to:
- Describe the effect on a simple circuit of changing the voltage of the battery.
- Describe resistance (in Ohms, Ω) as a measure of how hard it is for charge to flow.
- Explain why thinner wires have a higher resistance than thicker wires of the same length and material.
- Explain why longer wires have a higher resistance than shorter wires of the same length and thickness.
- Explain how the size of current is affected when both voltage and resistance are changed at the same time.
The resources include details of common misconceptions and a summary of the research upon which the resources are based.
Download the zip file for all the questions and activities.
More resources like this can be found on the BEST webpage: Best Evidence in Science Teaching
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.