2D and 3D Shapes
Produced by the Learning and Skills Improvement Service (LSIS), these resources are aimed at mathematics practitioners.
Sessions in this resource look at:
• 2D and 3D shapes (developing mathematical language)
• 2D shapes - naming and classification (using co-operative small group work)
• 2D shapes - classification (using rich collaborative tasks)
• 2D shapes - vocabulary and classification (developing mathematical language)
• 2D shapes - developing vocabulary (developing mathematical language)
• 2D shapes (using technololgy creatively and appropriately)
• The 3D world in two dimensions (using technololgy creatively and appropriately)
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.