Shape Activity in the Classroom - Books 1 to 7
These Eigen publications booklets focus on the construction of three-dimensional shapes and dissection problems involving two-dimensional shapes.
* The tetrahedron covers a variety of ways of constructing tetrahedrons.
* The octahedron demonstrates a variety of ways of constructing an octahedron.
* Limping seagulls shows an origami construction that can be used as a basic building block to make mathematical solids.
* Cube dissections contains 17 simple nets which can be combined in various ways to make a cube.
* The rectangle provides activities based on dissection of a rectangle to help explore its properties.
* Tangram activities uses the standard ancient Chinese 7-piece tangram to help establish geometrical ideas mainly related to angle.
* Three-piece dissections includes a range of three-piece dissections of simple mathematical shapes which are deceptively challenging.
The booklets are largely independent of each other.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.