Mastery in primary mathematics MY002
The essential idea behind mastery is that all children need to develop a deep understanding of the mathematics they are learning so that they can apply it to solve a variety of problems. Through using a wide range of strategies, pupils are supported through the use of manipulatives and models and challenged to provide greater depth of understanding. This two day CPD activity will explore how the mastery approach can be incorporated into primary mathematics lessons.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Participants will be able to:
- Gain an understanding of what mastery is and how it can be used to challenge pupils
- Investigate strategies and resources that promote a deep understanding in maths
- Develop confidence in effective planning for mastery
- Develop methods for using manipulatives and models to support learners
- Consider effective assessment methods