Effective GCSE practical work: Chemistry NY317
'Effective GCSE Practical Work: chemistry' will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to effectively teach the required practicals at GCSE.
With complex practical work now commonplace in Key Stage 4 chemistry, 'Effective GCSE Practical Work: chemistry' will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support the required practicals. We will look at how to develop students' understanding of apparatus and techniques skills innovel contexts and what is good practice in the teaching of practical work.
This course is run alongside Effective Practical Work: biology and Effective Practical Work: physics.
Who is it for?
All teachers of GCSE science including NQTs and more experienced teachers. Curriculum leads for GCSE chemistry.
What topics are covered?
- What is effective practical work
- Working scientifically
- Developing student response to practical questions
- Novel practical work to use in teaching of GCSE chemistry
- Using apparatus and techniques criteria
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your pedagogical subject knowledge to support practical assessment in chemistry
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in GCSE chemistry
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions