Effective GCSE practical work: Chemistry NY317
Develop understanding of effective practical work at GCSE chemistry
Effective GCSE practical work: chemistry will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support practical work in your department. You will build the disciplinary knowledge required to teach practical work and investigate a joined-up approach to progression across the curriculum. We will also look at developing concepts through practical work and how to build student understanding towards longer answer questions.
You may also be interested in: NY341 Core concepts in chemistry
Not quite what you are looking for? Try: NY313 Effective A level practical work: chemistry
Who is it for?
Teachers of GCSE science including Early Career Teachers (ECTs), experienced teachers, curriculum leads for chemistry
What topics are covered?
- effective practical work
- core practicals
- additional practical work to use in teaching concepts from GCSE chemistry
- developing student response to practical questions
How will you learn?
Face to face learning at the National STEM Learning Centre in York
How long is this course?
This is a two day intensive course
You will personalise your own two day CPD programme to:
- develop your disciplinary knowledge to support practical assessment in chemistry
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in GCSE chemistry
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.