Effective GCSE practical work: Biology NY316
Develop understanding of effective practical work at GCSE biology
Effective GCSE practical work: biology will provide you with a range of both practical and pedagogical experience to support practical science in your department. You will build the disciplinary knowledge required to teach practical work and investigate a joined-up approach to progression across the curriculum. We will also look at developing concepts through practical work and how to build student understanding towards longer answer questions.
You may also be interested in NY340 Core concepts in biology
Not quite what you are looking for? Try NY312 Effective A level practical work: biology
Who is it for?
Teachers of GCSE science including Early Career Teachers (ECTs), experienced teachers, curriculum leads for biology
What topics are covered?
- effective practical work, core practicals
- additional practical work to use in teaching concepts from GCSE biology
- developing student repsonse to practical questions
How will you learn?
Face to face
How long is this course?
This is a two day intensive course
You will be able to:
- develop your disciplinary knowledge to support practical assessment in biology
- adopt strategies and techniques to develop students response to practical questions
- expand your repertoire of science practical work that can be used in GCSE biology
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.