Maths for A level chemistry NY297
Explore teaching strategies for a wide range of mathematical topics in chemistry GCSE and A level
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- Proportional reasoning: dealing with proportionality in a chemistry context
- Graphs: drawing, reading information, finding gradients and equations, interpreting in a chemistry context
- Surface area and volume calculations
- Logarithms and exponential: what are they and how do we teach them?
- Understanding the Arrhenius equation
Not sure yet? Here is a free taster which will give you a better understanding of what to expect once you join the course. Please note, this is a free short activity you can do in your own time.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
- Improve your knowledge of the mathematical topics required for A level chemistry
- Have a deeper understanding of the reasons why students have difficulty applying their mathematical skills in a chemistry context
- Identify pedagogies to help address these issues
- Explore mathematics resources suitable for teaching A level chemistry