Leading assessment, moderation and tracking in primary science NY032
Ideal for teachers who want to familiarise themselves with the current expectations around assessment and children’s progress in science.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to assessment. However this course will give primary subject leaders and teachers the opportunity to explore best practice in primary science assessment and a chance to investigate the resources that are available in the wider educational world.
This course is ideal for primary school teachers who want to familiarise themselves with the current expectations around assessment and children’s progress in science. You will explore the difference between assessment, moderation and tracking, as well as considering how best to assess primary science in your school.
Who is it for?
This course is for primary science leaders and teachers of science.
What topics are covered?
This two day course covers:
- best practice in primary science assessment
- current updates of assessment expectations
- techniques for assessment for learning
- strategies to support progression
- science moderation
- tracking of science for your school
- assessing working scientifically
- leading change
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered face to face at the National STEM Learning Centre in York.
How long is this course?
This is a two day intensive course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explore techniques for assessment for learning in primary science teaching
- describe current assessment and tracking requirements in primary science
- explore good practice in assessment
- identify opportunities to develop assessment, tracking and moderation in your school
- discuss strategies to support progression in science
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.