Leading and developing excellence in KS1 primary science NY055
Gain confidence in planning a progressive and engaging lower Key Stage 1 science curriculum.
If you teach year 1 or 2, this course will give you the know-how to plan a successful curriculum, help you feel more confident in your science knowledge, and teach you how to get those outstanding results, whilst meeting the needs of each pupil and your school.
You will spend two days exploring ways of bringing the KS1 curriculum to life through practical lessons and have the opportunity to bring your own ideas to try out and discuss in a safe, supportive environment away from the daily routine of school life.
Who is it for?
This course is for subject leaders and class teachers who have responsibility for year 1 and year 2 science.
What topics are covered?
- progression through enquiry skills
- subject knowledge and misconceptions in biology and chemistry
- ensuring coverage of the KS1 science curriculum
- applying mathematical skills and knowledge within a science context
- assessment of KS1 science
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered face to face.
How long is this course?
This is a two day residential course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- develop an understanding of what excellence looks like in KS1 science
- identify practical approaches to teaching subject specific content in KS1 science
- understand progression in primary science and where KS1 fits