Inspiring A level physics NY502
Discover cutting edge research and activities to improve your teaching of A level physics.
Physics is a constantly shifting and developing area of science, and one that has an impact on a vast selection of our lives. With regular changes at A level we have been able to work alongside research scientists, teachers and examiners to practise new activities, approaches and experiments which will help you inform and alter your classroom practice.
You will be share ideas and hear from cutting edge researchers to help inspire and engage your students' in one of the most fascinating areas of science.
Who is it for?
Experienced and confident A level physics teachers wanting to develop further.
What topics are covered?
This five day course covers:
- nuclear and medical physics - looking at medical applications and how work at CERN ties into this
- quantum physics - sharing resources and activities linked to the Quantum science programme
- field visits - opportunities to visit cutting edge science and research facilities
- maths skills - developing students maths skills and aiding their understanding e.g. what exactly is a log function
- exciting particle physics - how to engage students in the cutting edge side of particle physics
Not sure yet? Here is a free taster which will give you a better understanding of what to expect once you join the course. Please note, this is a free short activity you can do in your own time.
How will you learn?
This course will be delivered face to face with participant tasks to be completed between sessions.
How long is this course?
This is a five day intensive residential course.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- use a variety of teaching and learning strategies that motivate all students in physics
- apply current research on closing the gender gap and bringing cutting edge science into your classroom
- prioritise an area of action research that you can carry out in your school or college
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.