Laboratory gases safety awareness workshop HC136
This traditional instructor-led workshop is a popular alternative to e-learning courses. The course comprehensively covers the safe use of gas cylinders and associated equipment in a university/college environment. It also covers owner/operator responsibilities in respect of piped systems.
This course is recommended for:
- anyone using gas cylinders and/or piped gas systems in a university/college environment
- laboratory and other managers with operational responsibilites for safety
- managers, supervisors and staff from all functions who are responsible for the safe use of gases
- anyone responsible for health and safety.
Theory only on-site training. This workshop is often booked with Connecting regulators and gas cylinder set-up for universities (HC134) in order to also provide practical training. If you wish to book both training workshops for delivery on the same day please contact us for a quote.
It is recommended this training is repeated every two years to remain current.
The workshop will enable you to:
- correctly identify gas cylinders
- recognise how gas cylinders operate
- be aware of the hazards of asphyxia
- recognise the hazards posed by oxygen enrichment
- identify flammability hazards
- select the correct gas control equipment
- recognise the hazards of using incorrect manual handling techniques
- re-assess current storage procedures in line with the relevant guidance note
- introduce safe working practices into your workplace
We can set this up as a bespoke course to be run at your premises. Contact us at email@example.com for more information.