Stimulating Physics Network summer school: year 2 NY222
This school is for teachers who have previously attended a Stimulating Physics Network Summer School.
Who is it for?
The summer school is open to teachers from Stimulating Physics Network partner schools who have previously attended a Stimulating Physics Network summer school in York, Oxford or Cambridge.The summer school is open to all non-specialist teachers of physics from Stimulating Physics Network partner schools.
- workshops to develop the teaching of gravity, light, waves, dynamics, momentum, radioactivity, electromagnetism and energy
- one guest lecture
- social activities
Food and accommodation:
The National STEM Learning Centre has a purpose-built conference and accommodation block with modern en-suite rooms. It is located on the University of York campus. All meals will be provided including a formal conference dinner.
Tweet about this course using #SPNYork
The Stimulating Physics Network summer schools are run by the Stimulating Physics Network. For more information please visit www.stimulatingphysics.org/summer-schools.html
The summer schools have been planned to help you to:
- boost your confidence in teaching physics
- meet peers, network and exchange ideas
- teach physics in an engaging way
- developed your understanding of key physics concepts
be able to enthuse students by planning lessons using stimulating contexts