Stimulating Physics Network summer school: year 1 NY221
Run by the Stimulating Physics Network, boost your physics lessons by improving your understanding of the subject through engaging practical work and inspiring experiences.
Who is it for?
The Summer School is open to all non-specialist teachers of physics from Stimulating Physics Network partner schools and colleges. The programme will be flexible to accommodate those who have previously attended support sessions with their Stimulating Physics Network Teaching and Learning Coach and those who have not.
- workshops on developing effective teaching of forces, energy, electricity, Earth in space, reflection and sound
- one guest lecture
- social activities
Food and accommodation
The National STEM Learning Centre has a purpose-built conference and accommodation block with modern en-suite rooms. It is located on the University of York campus. All meals will be provided including a formal conference dinner.
Tweet about this course using #SPNYork
The Stimulating Physics Network summer schools are run by the Stimulating Physics Network. For more information please visit www.stimulatingphysics.org/summer-schools.html
The summer schools have been planned to help you to:
- boost your confidence in teaching physics
- meet peers, network and exchange ideas
- teach physics in an engaging way
- developed your understanding of key physics concepts
- be able to enthuse students by planning lessons using stimulating contexts