New and aspiring heads of science NY200
New to the role of head of science or looking for your next challenge? This CPD activity will provide you with strategies and techniques to be successful in your role.
New to the role of head of science or are you ready to take on the challenge and looking for promotion? This course is designed to provide the strategies and techniques you will need to be successful.
It will run at the National Science Learning Centre over 9 days with three residential periods and a webinar which focus on four ongoing themes within a science context, including:
- strategic leadership and management
- leading teams and change
- teaching and learning
- supporting and enriching learning
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course. Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
You will be able to:
- employ a range of methods to strategically lead and manage your science department
- evaluate the skills you have and identify areas you need to develop to become a highly effective leader
- explain what outstanding teaching and learning in science is and use this to provide effective feedback
- use a variety of strategies to make teaching and learning in science more engaging and inspiring for students and colleagues
- employ a range of techniques to enable you to create a high performing team
- describe a variety of methods you can employ to develop the members of your team
- articulate how a range of approaches can be employed to support and enrich students’ experiences in science
- produce an action plan linked to your school development plan to implement and evaluate back in school or college