Assessing, moderating and tracking primary science NY032
Ideal for teachers who want to familiarise themselves with the current expectations around assessment and children’s progress in science.
There is no one-size-fits-all approach to assessment, but this course will give you the opportunity to explore best practice in a number of schools and a chance to investigate the resources that are available in the wider educational world.
This course is ideal for primary school teachers who want to familiarise themselves with the current expectations around assessment and children’s progress in science. You will explore the difference between assessment, moderation and tracking, as well as considering how best to assess primary science in your school.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- explore techniques for assessment for learning
- describe current assessment and tracking requirements in primary science
- explore good practice in assessment
- identify opportunities to develop assessment, tracking and moderation in your school
- discuss strategies to support progression in science