A level computer science theory: teaching the tough topics CY230
Be more effective in the classroom and learn how to support your students to maximise their exam success
Brought to you by successful and experienced computer science teachers, learn how to support your students to achieve exam success at A level.
By sharing tried and tested teaching tips from across the computer science curriculum, you will become a more effective classroom teacher tackling the toughest specification with confidence.
Covering topic areas including:
- data structures and their algorithms
- software applications development methods
- models of computation
- data storage, transmission and representation
- regular and context-free languages
- database theory
- networking and communication
- decision maths
- legal and ethical issues in computer science
You will take away resources, lesson ideas and assessment strategies to ensure your students are heading in the right direction.
The course would benefit those new to teaching A-level as well as those wanting to further develop their teaching at this level.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Course fees vary for participants outside the UK. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
You will be able to:
- develop your own subject knowledge and pedagogy
- liven up your lessons with tips from outstanding teachers
- help students to access the whole curriculum, and answer exam questions well
- increase your confidence and ability to answer tricky questions thrown at you by the best students