Enhancing your STEM curriculum through design and technology TY245
Found out how to bring more STEM-related content into your key stage 3 design and technology lessons, with help from our STEM specialists.
Are you a teacher looking to bring more STEM activities into design and technology? Or are you running a STEM club in design and technology and looking for more ideas?
This CPD is vital for any design and technology specialist looking to make their department a hub for STEM.
“I believe that the way the courses are structured, delivered and organised are superb. The facilities from teaching to refreshments and overnight stay are exceptional and it is a pleasure to attend - thank you to ALL concerned.” Previous participant, 2017
Sessions will look at:
- ideas for bringing STEM activities into key stage 3 schemes of work in all areas, including food
- practical projects and ideas to use in clubs
- ideas for half/full day STEM enrichment activities
- the STEM landscape and where to find funding, resources and competitions
- encouraging more girls into STEM and more specifically, engineering
- working with employers to give students real life experience of STEM careers generating funding for STEM activities
- how employers can be used to support STEM in your lessons
“Really enjoyed it and hope I can ride the wave of the inspiring ideas and make positive changes in my school.” Previous participant, 2017
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- increase awareness of what STEM is and what support is available for schools
- develop strategies for implementing a STEM curriculum across the whole of key stage 3
- find out how industry can support STEM in your school, both staff and students
- gain ideas for increasing the number of girls interested in STEM