English, mathematics and science- making them work in your classroom RP134
Raising attainment in literacy by developing primary teaching skills in mathematics and science.
- plan science activities that develop mathematical skills
- identify the progression of mathematical and science skills
- use science activities to effectively assess mathematical skills
- gain an awareness of the nature and breadth of opportunities for linking science and literacy
- develop strategies for raising attainment in science through developing speaking, listening and writing skills, and to communicate scientific learning
- begin to identify progression in science and literacy