Developing subject understanding in.... RP127
Use the topic of seasonal change to focus on opportunities to work scientifically in the primary classroom.
Each session includes a focus on working scientifically, considering the key aspects which might best be focussed on with this topic. For example, when teaching about forces, the teacher may wish to focus on gathering, recording, classifying and presenting data in a variety of ways to help in answering questions as well as recording findings using simple scientific language, drawings, labelled diagrams, keys, bar charts, and tables.
Designed for year 1 teachers or science coordinators this session includes a focus on working scientifically, considering the key aspects which might best be focussed on within the seasonal change topic.
Delegates will leave with ideas and resources to ensure they are more confident in pinpointing and delivering key working scientifically skills in the classroom
At the end of each session, participants will have:
- clarity about the development of the topic across the year 1 to 6 science curriculum
- a better understanding of how the topic offers opportunities to work scientifically
- a better understanding of the subject content
- ideas for teaching the topic (including assessment)
- resources for teaching the topic