Teaching key stage 2 computing - module 2 - remote CC453 / C06
This CPD follows on from the first module to fully cover the KS2 computing curriculum. Skilfully combining a wide range of software applications and multimedia such as video, images and sound, you will be better able to support children in creative and engaging project work across the whole primary curriculum. They will develop their ability to select the right tool for the job, then use them in a considered, effective way.
This will lead towards a project combining a range of skills based on collecting, analysing and presenting data. This maps closely to the expectations of the maths curriculum.
Book now and you will be automatically registered for the scheduled sessions for the course. Remote CPD courses have live, facilitator-led sessions and are not available for instant access. Please refer to the schedule of dates published for each course instance.
We strongly recommend that you first participate in module 1 of teaching KS2 computing.
Do you prefer to learn in a classroom?
If so, take a look at:
This course is delivered as part of the National Centre for Computing Education.
Who is it for?
Primary computing coordinators looking to develop their own teaching and that of their colleagues. Any primary teacher or senior leader interested in teaching computing.
What topics are covered?
- 01 | Understanding and using multimedia - Confidently develop appropriate skills using digital devices and applications, enabling children to create and develop a range of digital content and multimedia.
- 02 | Skills and progression - Evaluate a selection of creative tools for use with young people. Match key computing skills to different groups of children to ensure challenge and progress.
- 03 | Using data - Understand the relation between data and information, and how data collection can be planned and implemented.
- 04 | Data skills - Become confident in presenting data and information, making use of database and spreadsheet software and online services to create a combined project.
How will you learn?
Scheduled live, interactive online sessions led by an experienced practitioner. Flexible facilitator-supported, participant-led tasks, involving deep exploration of the subject content and development of skills.
How long is this course?
This course is approximately 5 ½ hours in duration, split across several days.
Who is the course leader?
- Develop your subject knowledge and teaching approaches to help children
- Learn through projects and lessons where they collect and share data through surveys and investigations
- Create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
|1 Teaching and leading key stage 2 computing - Module 2||12 January 2022||09:00-15:00||Virtual|
Fees & Bursaries
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available