Teaching practical science: chemistry NE705 / C20
Who is it for?
What topics are covered?
- practical work for 14-16 year olds for the following key topics: titration and salt preparation, rates of reaction, electrolysis.
- contextualising practical work in chemistry to the everyday environment.
- how progression in practical work impacts on students’ learning.
- assessment of learning through practical work.
- approaches to teaching practical science that can be applied to other topic areas.
How will you learn?
How long is this course?
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- improve your confidence in delivering and evaluating teaching for practical skills in chemistry for 14-16 year olds.
- define effective learning outcomes for practical work in chemistry.
- reflect on the effectiveness of practical activities on every students’ learning.
- design progression and assessment approaches within practical work.
- collaborate with colleagues to share and critique ideas for teaching practical science.
|Teaching practical science: chemistry||07 June 2021||00:00-00:00|
Group enrolments: If you are a school, college or MAT and wish to arrange payment by invoice for 25 or more participants, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the course code, title and start date.
FutureLearn terms and conditions: This course is hosted on the FutureLearn social learning platform and you will need to create an account if you do not already have one.
In addition to STEM Learning Terms and Conditions, by booking on this course you are consenting to FutureLearn’s Terms and Conditions for Invited Learners. By booking onto this course, you agree that your information will be held by FutureLearn and National STEM Learning Centre as data controllers in common, and that by joining the course on FutureLearn your progress will be monitored by STEM Learning.
If you have booked in advance of the course being available, you will receive an email to access the course on FutureLearn no later than the course start date.
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£20.00 +VAT|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£40.00 +VAT|
Find out how our Online CPD works and how to make the most of your online professional development.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available