Chemistry for advanced higher NS513 / A20
In laboratory sessions participants will have hands-on experience of innovative practical work to support the learning outcomes in the Advanced Higher Chemistry course. There will be opportunities to explore ideas and techniques suitable to investigative project work at Advanced Higher level. Via the Gap Task there will be further opportunities for participants to share project ideas.
To apply for this course please contact SSERC directly (email@example.com) who will forward you the necessary information. Shortly after the published closing date for applications the Administration Team at SSERC will send to successful applicants:
confirmation of an offer of a place on the course together with details on enrolment procedures
information on ENTHUSE bursaries and how to apply for such a bursary
a set of terms and conditions which you must meet in order to qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary
If you are a supply teacher you may still qualify for an ENTHUSE bursary – please contact SSERC to establish your eligibility.
Participants will be able to–
- explore ways of enhancing the understanding of concepts relevant to Advanced Higher Chemistry using hands-on approaches
- more confidently teach innovative practical work that supports the learning outcomes of Advanced Higher Chemistry
- describe developments in contemporary chemistry relevant to the Senior Phase Curriculum
- explore ideas for supporting investigative work Advanced Higher Chemistry projects
- receive a variety of resources to support learning in their school
|1 Chemistry for advanced higher Day 1||02 November 2020||16:00-17:00|
|3 Chemistry for advanced higher Day 3||26 February 2021||09:00-16:00|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£320.00 +VAT|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£320.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£0.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Check your School bursary status
The bursary value may be higher for your school or college.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available