FACE - Cross Phase - Inspiring students through a farming context RK198 / A21
FACE is committed to helping teachers to overcome barriers and introduce innovative ways of embedding food, farming and the countryside in their schools.
This day would enable teachers and school leaders to access great content, relevant training and tailored advice so that they are able to create powerful learning experiences about food and farming, in both the classroom and the countryside, all based on a working farm for the day.
You will be able to:
· link the real-world STEM contexts to the curriculum and enhance schemes of learning with real-world examples to inspire students
· enhance the curriculum with novel approaches and the latest developments in technological advancements
· link STEM career pathways to learning to help students to make better decisions about career choices
· enhance subject knowledge and understanding through the workshops which will be led by industry specialists
· develop links with industry that can be used by your school to deliver the curriculum and to enhance science capital
|Primary bespoke support||13 July 2021||09:00-16:00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity feeFree|
|State-funded school or college||Activity feeFree|
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested in this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available