CLEAPSS Health and Safety for Science Technicians RA622 / D01
This is a one-day course originally designed by a team set up by the Association for Science Education to help with the health and safety training of school laboratory technicians.
During the course, the following aspects will be covered:
- legislation on health & safety including the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 and its subsequent Regulations
- legal bans, myths and rumor
- risk assessment in general and personal risk assessment for technicians
- safe management for handling of resources for practical science
You will be able to:
- raise awareness of safety issues and current health and safety legislation
- make technicians more comfortable with their responsibilities
- help delegates become more aware of the range of CLEAPSS services and advice
- practice risk assessments, to consider what safe management and managing safely means in practice for technicians
- and, optionally, to devise and Action Plan
|CLEAPSS Health and Safety for Science Technicians||02 March 2021||09:15-15:30|
All participants on the course must come from institutions/organisations that are CLEAPSS members. CLEAPSS reserves the right to charge a higher fee for non-members.
It will be helpful if participants can bring with them a laptop. We need one laptop between two participants; you may also check nearer the date in case we have enough without yours.
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£140.00|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£140.00|
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available