An Introduction to Computer Networking for Teachers CO214 / A07
Explore the fundamentals of computer networking with this online course for GCSE teachers. You will improve your understanding of key concepts and gain the confidence to teach the subject in the classroom.
On this course, you will learn to describe the different types of computer networks and understand how data can be transmitted securely. You will cover real world usage of networking technology to enhance your understanding. You will also become more familiar with how the internet works, including routing, DNS, and the World Wide Web.
You will be able to:
- Discuss types of network, advantages and disadvantages and general architecture
- Describe transmission of data (ethernet, wifi) and network protocols (http, ftp, etc)
- Explore how data can be transmitted securely
- Apply knowledge of real world usage of the networking technology
- Describe the internet including routing, DNS and the “world wide web”.
- Explain how data is encapsulated in an IP packet and a data frame for transmission
|An Introduction to Computer Networking for Teachers||02 November 2020||00:00-00:00|
Fees & Bursaries
If the course you would like to attend is fully booked, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in being added to a waiting list. We will contact you when the course is due to run again.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available