Teaching and leading key stage 1 computing - module 2 - remote CN451 / F01
Following on from the first module, this CPD aims to give you confidence in teaching the whole of the key stage 1 computing curriculum.
Building on your knowledge of computer science, you will dive deeper into digital literacy and information technology. You will take-away engaging ways to use software creatively, supporting other areas of curriculum learning. Combining free and accessible online tools, you will develop the skills and ideas to support creative projects produced by your children. You’ll also gain a clear understanding of how the computing curriculum relates to whole-school online safety practice.
Book now and you will be automatically registered for the scheduled sessions for the course. Remote CPD courses have live, facilitator-led sessions and are not available for instant access. Please refer to the schedule of dates publised for each course instance.
Who is it for?
Primary computing coordinators looking to develop their own teaching and that of their colleagues.
Any primary teacher or senior leader interested in teaching computing.
The first teacher to participate in this CPD, from each primary or all-through school, will be eligible for a bursary upon completion of both modules.
We strongly recommend that you first participate in module 1 of teaching and leading key stage 1 computing.
- 01 | Digital literacy. Learn how to explain the internet to children in KS1. Consider how using the internet presents opportunities and threats to children, and how computing lessons can help them to become safe and confident with internet technologies.
- 02 | Online safety across the curriculum. Consider how PSHE and computing lessons can cover the key learning outcomes allowing children to be safe and creative using technology.
- 03 | Creative computing. Learn how to support children in their use of computer software and digital devices. Lead children in creating multimedia content across the primary curriculum, developing a range of digital skills.
- 04 | Curriculum planning. Improve lesson planning and teaching approaches to support learning and progression.
How will you learn?
Scheduled live, interactive online sessions led by an experienced practitioner. Flexible facilitator-supported, participant-led tasks, involving deep exploration of the subject content.
How long is the course?
This course is approximately 5 hours in duration, split across several days.
Other primary computing CPD
Develop your subject knowledge and teaching approaches to help children:
- create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
- begin to understand how the internet works, and come of the services that use this network
- consider their own use of technology, the benefits and risks that it brings, and know its importance in the world and their learning through development of your own subject knowledge, pedagogy and practice.
|Teaching and leading key stage 1 computing - Module 2||18 November 2020||16:00-17:00|
|Teaching and leading key stage 1 computing - Module 2||26 November 2020||16:00-17:00|
Fees & Bursaries
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available