An introduction to core maths MY507 / A19
Core Maths is the new Level 3 qualification for students who achieved at least a Grade 4 (formerly a Grade C) in GCSE mathematics and wish to develop their practical skills so they may apply these in work, study or everyday life.
Core Maths is about students doing meaningful mathematical problems to increase their confidence in using mathematics to be better equipped for the mathematical demands of other courses, higher education and employment.
This course is run in conjunction with the Advanced Maths Support Programme and is delivered by experienced core maths practitioners.
This is a residential course, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
You will be able to:
- gain a clear understanding of the role of core maths in schools and colleges
- experience a different approach to teaching mathematics making it a different experience to GCSE mathematics
- consider different sources of resources and how they may be used in the classroom
- develop a strategy for assessing and tracking student progress
- compare the different available qualifications
- discuss different models for implementing core maths in your school or college
|An introduction to core maths - Day 1||13 July 2020 09:30-18:30|
|An introduction to core maths - Day 2||14 July 2020 09:00-16:00|
Fees & Bursaries
For courses at the National STEM Learning Centre in York, fees include meals and accommodation for the duration of the course.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available