Using Mysteries to improve engagement and learning in secondary science. NW225 / B20
A two-day course that will show how to stimulate curiosity and maintain it through purposeful classroom activities that build pupils' skills and knowledge.
Using an innovative set of strategies which has been developed in partnership with science educators in many countries across Europe this course will enable you to:
- provide a compelling focus by using mysteries in the classroom
- use principles of showmanship to present mysteries with flair
- motivate pupils to engage with the science
- use a well-established instructional method so pupils can generate questions and explore the science for themselves
- improve skills and increase pupil independence over time
This course will:
- improve enquiry skills
- explore scientific concepts
- improve science learning in your classroom
|Using Mysteries to improve engagement and learning in secondary science. - day 1||10 December 2020 09:30-15:30|
|Using Mysteries to improve engagement and learning in secondary science. - day 2||11 December 2020 09:30-15:30|
|State-funded school or college||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT||Standard bursary available*£330.00|
|Fee-paying school or college (independent)||Activity fee£50.00 +VAT|
* Your school or college will receive the bursary on successful completion of the CPD and impact toolkit. Find out more.
Participants from outside the UK will be charged the course fee and an additional £120 per day plus VAT.
Our remote CPD courses for teachers are delivered across a series of sessions run at specific times and dates. Information on all course sessions can be found under the description of each course. To complete a course, all sessions are mandatory.
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available