Outstanding teaching of key stage 1 computing CA001 / C01
This course is delivered as part of the National Centre for Computing Education.
By booking on this course you are agreeing to the terms and conditions of the National Centre for Computing Education. These can be found here https://teachcomputing.org/privacy.html
Computing is a broad subject, made up of computer science, information technology and digital literacy. This two-day professional development complements our one-day programming and algorithms event, giving you confidence in teaching the whole of the key stage 1 curriculum.
You will develop your knowledge of internet-connected computer systems, from hardware to online safety. You will take-away engaging ways to use computers and software effectively, supporting other areas of curriculum learning. Combining popular and accessible tools, you will develop the skills and ideas to support creative projects produced by your children. You'll also discover age-appropriate data collection, analysis and sharing methods and projects.
The first teacher to participate in this CPD, from each priority primary or priority all-through school, will attend for free and will be eligible for a bursary.
You will be able to help children:
- understand how computers work, their constituent parts and the instructions they follow
- recognise the many types of computer system in the world around them, making purposeful and safe use of them
- learn through projects and lessons where they collect and share data through surveys and investigations
- create digital content such as images, video and sound in multimedia projects
- consider their own use of technology, the benefits and risks that it brings, and know its importance in the world and their learning through development of your own subject knowledge, pedagogy and practice.
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 1 computing - day 1||21 May 2019 09:00-16:00|
|Outstanding teaching of key stage 1 computing - day 2||10 June 2019 09:00-16:00|
|Priority school engaged in CSA||Activity feeFree|
|English Maintained||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT|
|Other||Activity fee£440.00 +VAT|
|Priority school||Activity feeFree|
|Priority school repeat teacher||Activity fee£70.00 +VAT|
Interested In this course?
Sign up to receive our emails to hear about the latest CPD available