Listing all results (527)
From Practical Action, this 1-2 hour class activity uses the supply of energy for an island community to help students to understand renewable energy options.
This resources investigates how electrical energy is generated from renewable and non-renewable sources.
Suggested learning outcomes include:
- To know the difference between a renewable and a non-renewable source of energy.
- To understand how electrical energy is generated from at least...
Rebecca Beresford is an energy analyst at EDF Energy. This clip could be useful when teaching about sustainable development, enery efficiency or climate change. It also illustrates a career that requires an understanding of science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM). Rebecca describes her role, "...
This resource features five inspiring people who developed Bridget, a six-wheeled ExoMars rover.
Bridget is a prototype of the vehicle that will be the largest and most sophisticated vehicle ever to visit Mars.
Each of the featured scientists describe their role in the space technology company...
This handy guide has been produced with a view to helping others deal with the practicalities of starting up a STEM Club. The guide includes advice on the following:
- Decide on why you want to set up a STEM club
- Approach people who might be interested in getting involved
- Timing ...
This series of five videos describes what one needs to consider when setting up a STEM club, and the range of different ways in which one can approach it.
Benefits of setting up a club
What to do and how to do it...
The four videos below focus on the impact of STEM clubs on achievement, opportunities for staff CPD, and the awards and competitions open to clubs.
Awards and competitions
The videos below describe how to create your own club identity, extend the impact of a club, and how to establish successful relationships with other schools and a local community.
Working with your local community
Working with other schools...
These materials look at three possible projects that relate to sustainable transport:
* Communications project - students gather information and produce a balanced view on the costs and benefits of using hydrogen as fuel for vehicles.
* Practical project - students investigate the factors that affect...