A Glimpse of the Future
In this video, from Rolls-Royce, students can see what it is like to work in a company that develops and manufactures high technology products. The video includes comments and descriptions from a group of young people visiting Rolls-Royce.
The video includes sections on:
* The manufacture of hollow titanium fan blades which are used in aeroplane jet engines.
* The assembly floor for the Trent 1000 jet engine in Derby.
* The Services Operations Centre which monitors the performance of thousands of jet engines in flight all around the world.
* The Advanced Manufacturing Research Centre, based at the University of Sheffield, where Rolls-Royce works in collaboration to develop new high technology manufacturing processes.
* Materials Solutions, one of the 8,000 companies which supply Rolls-Royce.
The video is an excellent way to illustrate just some of the career opportunities in a high technology engineering company.
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.
You might also like
|Subject(s)||Careers, Design and technology, Engineering, Science, Mathematics|
|Age||11-14, 14-16, 16-19|
|Published||2010 to date|
Share this resource
This resource is part of Rolls-Royce
- A Glimpse of the Future