6R's explained *suitable for home teaching*
These resources consist of a presentation and activity sheets to support design and technology students aged 14-16. It helps students to gain knowledge and understanding of sustainable development and the use of precious resources. The 6 R's are:
- Rethink: what could be done differently?
- Refuse: are there materials a designer would not use?
- Reduce: can the use of materials be reduced?
- Reuse: can the product be used again for another purpose?
- Recycle: can materials be used that are easy to recycle when the product is finished with?
- Repair: can the product be repaired instead of thrown away?
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.