In this DIY Faraday Challenge, students are asked to work in teams to design and construct the rocket which will transport supplies via Earth orbit to the astronauts on Mars. They are also required to build a system to transport the rocket to the launch site. Students must also show high manufacturing quality, innovation and creativity when constructing the prototype rocket.
Each engineering team must:
- Construct a prototype rocket which can launch using the system provided .
- Design and build a prototype automated vehicle or transport system which will move the rocket from the storage facility to the rocket launch site.
- Demonstrate how this transportation system works by testing it on a simulated journey.
- Demonstrate that the prototype rocket works by launching the rocket in a simulated environment
Show health and safety information
|Published||2010 to 2019|
|Log in to rate this resource|
- Institution of Engineering and Technology