Foraging Behaviour in Bumblebees *suitable for home teaching*
This resource suggests a number of investigations into bee behaviour which can be used to:
- develop an understanding of the interdependence of organisms in an ecosystem, including food webs and insect pollinated crops
- consider the importance of insect pollination in human food security
- Investigate the importance of biodiversity
- Develop an understanding of working scientifically, including data analysis, controlling variables and evaluation
- Encourage students’ appreciation of, and care for, the natural environment
This resource was provided by the Association for the Study of Animal Behaviour (ASAB).
Show health and safety information
Please be aware that resources have been published on the website in the form that they were originally supplied. This means that procedures reflect general practice and standards applicable at the time resources were produced and cannot be assumed to be acceptable today. Website users are fully responsible for ensuring that any activity, including practical work, which they carry out is in accordance with current regulations related to health and safety and that an appropriate risk assessment has been carried out.