Practical Work in Science: a Report and Proposal for a Strategic Framework
This Science Community Representing Education (SCORE) report examines the key findings of a review of practical work in primary, secondary and post-16 science education.
The report focuses on:
* What is meant by practical work in science?
* What are the aims and purposes of practical work in science?
* What is the impact of good practice and effective pedagogy?
* Enablers and barriers to practical work in science
* Opportunities for the development of practical work in science
It also reviews the evidence provided by stakeholders and their recommendations and goes on to propose a strategic framework to provide leadership and management, communication and dissemination of good practice and the development of expertise.